Thursday, June 09, 2005

My first garden!


Here is my very first ever garden.

I dug up some grass out of my back yard, chopped up the soil with a rake, removed all of the big rocks, thru some fertilizing soil down, and then planted my vegetable and herb plants.

Starting in the back right corner we have green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, a couple of green peppers, then over to the front left we have sweet spanish onions, some more green peppers, then some basil, and in the far back left corner I planted a tiny oregano plant that a friend gave to me.

My husband was a sweety and built an old-fashioned looking fence around my garden to help keep the animals out. Plenty of animals live in my backyard....

birds, wild turkey, deer, raccoon, rabbits,
and hopefully the new fence will help keep from feeding the backyard neighbors and feed my family instead.
Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home