Friday, August 05, 2005

My Turkey Neighbors







Look who I saw wandering around the neighborhood yesterday. Usually I see them in walking around the neighborhood in adult groups of about 7 - 10. But this time we actually had the privelege of seeing the momma turkey with her little babies. They are pretty quiet, you would never be able to tell if they were around or not. My other neighbor June said that she saw them on my back porch. The mother was teaching her little ones how to fly up from the ground to my back porch railing. And one by one, they all flew up. Today, the mommy turkey was teaching her little ones how to fly up to a tall tree branch. And surprisingly did very well.

---Melissa

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how adorable... This makes me miss the country. See you again! (^_^)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home