Tuesday, November 29, 2005

$100 Gift in 2 Days!

$100.00

That's right. I only have 2 days to find a gift with only $100 to spend.

The story is:

I am flying out this Thursday from the East Coast to go to my sister's graduation out on the West Coast. I love my sister dearly and can't wait to see her, along with the rest of my family. So, I have 2 days to buy a gift, with $100 to spend. I need help! So, if anyone has 2 minutes to spare, andy idea would be sooo helpful.


My sister:

A 36 year old, single mom with two children, very cute woman. She has just graduated school to become an RN. She loves to camp, garden, hang out with her sisters, and play with her kids. She is very layed back with a great love for life. She is very spiritual but not religious. Staying close to her family means everything to her, but is always willing to try something new and adventurous.

My Dilema:

I am flying out in 2 days to my sister's graduation. I have $100 and only 2 days to figure out what to buy her as a gift.
Please Help Me!


8 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Uisce said...

I'm terrible with gifts, and my first thought is some kind of gift card. But that's a gift that says you didn't know what to get the person. I love getting them -- don't get me wrong -- but that's what that says. One of the things I love for gardening, or any outdoor kind of thing, is muck boots, but shoes are hard to buy for someone. You know what else I just all the time is my DeWalt 18 volt power driver. Hmm, I don't know. Is there something you use all the time that you think she would like as well?

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger family member said...

Thanks uisce.

Those ideas are definately helpful. A gift card was one of the first things I thought of. The power driver might be a little out of her league but the muck boots....I'll have to google one.

Your a hoot! Like your site too.

 
At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When in doubt I always go to www.redenvelope.com You can always find something there. Good luck!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger family member said...

Thanks Susan, I think I will try that place out to see what kind of goods they sell.

:)

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger family member said...

Well, up to date, my husband bought her a $32 bottle of red wine. And I still have nothing. I've internet shopped around for ideas but I don't have the time to wait for shipping (obviously). So maybe......a really nice Eastern State sweatshirt to go with that wine???

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger TotalChaos said...

Hey, where in the West did you go? Some of us Left Coasters need to be in the know.

 
At 1:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I would suggest perhaps spending the money on a gift certificate for a spa or something. :) Being pampered is always nice and its not something someone normally buys themselves.

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger jane said...

oh crud, I was going to give ideas, but you must be there already!!
redenvelope.com is good.
But I like ck munson's idea. As single mothers, there is never enough time or money to get what you really want. A gift certificate or spa treatment would be nice.
yeah if we knew where it was, that woulda helped. i mean vicinity, county,not the address, lol.
I can't wait to hear how it went.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home