Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Day 10

Days 5, 6, and 7 sucked. Days 8, 9, and 10 were and are great!

Part of my family got hit with strep-throat, and I was running back and forth to the doctor's last Thursday and Friday. I decided to give up trying on Saturday and Sunday thinking to myself that "it's no problem, I'll just start again on Monday".

How many times have I told myself that?

But this time, I wasn't going to binge on Sunday night like I used to; trying to taste all the goodies I knew I wouldn't beable to have anymore. I decided to have a nice light dinner and call it good for the night. The next morning, Day 8, after putting the kids off to school, I went back to bed and slept till 12:00 pm. Woke up and realized that my body was trying to fight off the strep-throat as well. So for the rest of that day, I ate only fruit, salad, lots of Vitamin C, and tons of water.

Day 9 was awesome! Here is how it went.....

4:00 am - I woke up and did my prayer and scripture reading
4:30 am - I found a candle, lit it, sat on my bedroom floor with my candle and meditated (or at least tried to).
5:10 am - I put on my Qi Gong DVD and practiced increasing my body's Chi.
5:50 am - I put on my Pilates DVD and practiced for about 1 hour
7:00 am - Got the kids up, and ready for school
8:30 am - Packed my gym bag to head for the YMCA
9:00 am - Talked my husband into coming with me, (he was home that day)
10:00 - Walked on the Treadmill for 1/2 hour
10:35 - Started to lift weights
10:42 - Changed my mind and played basketball in the gym w/ hubby instead
12:00 - Ate a nice veggie salad at Whole Foods for lunch
1:00 pm - Felt as tired as a dog, and both my husband and I took an afternoon nap till 3:00 pm

The rest of the day was spent doing regular family things. I didn't get my regular chores done, I didn't get any studying done. But, I did get up at 4 am and I did follow my Plan till at least 1:00 pm and it felt really good.

Today, Day 10, I slept in till 7:00 am. My neck felt achey and I was congested all night long. I knew that in order to get over this "thing" that I had, I needed lots of vitamins, rest, and water. I am also throwing in some Acidophilus for good measure.

My food comsumption is on task. I eat only fruit, salads, or Whole Raw Foods protein shakes. A great recipe for this particular kind of shake is:

8 oz orange juice or coconut juice
2 tlbs of raw bee pollen
1 tlbs of green superfood powder (most brands will do)
1 tlbs of agave nectar
2 tlbs of Mango-xan (a mangosteen antioxidant juice blend)
1 tlbs of Tocotrienols ( a potent source of Vit. E)
1 tsp of Pure Radiance C (100% Vit. C powder)
1 handful of frozen fruit of choice

blend and enjoy

(Somtimes I also poor in while blending, 2 tlbs of melted coconut oil, which helps increase your metabolism)

Sound funny, and looks very interesting, but tasted great!

I think I might include a special link just for recipes.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home