Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Getting Ready

Today is the first day for the next 46 days.

My family and I are leaving on July 1st to travel across the country. Just me, my husband, and my 3 kids, in a car for a week. Seriously, my husband doesn't fly. He happens to have other super powers, but flying isn't one of them.

My sister is getting married in July, in Seattle. So, my family and I are going to drive from Boston, MA a.l.l.l.l.l.l.l. the way to Seattle. Because this drive is long, we have decided to turn it into a vacation on the road.

Our departure starts in the evening some time the beginning of July (exact date is still unknown). We should arrive for breakfast in Cleveland, Ohio. Next, we will stay the night in Chicago, Il.

From Chicago, we will find our way (details can be boring) to St. George, Ut. It has been 11 years since our last visit to southern Utah, and I have heard it has grown. We hope to stay a couple of days, then move on to Las Vegas.

From Las Vegas, we will trek our way west to the Californian coast, then on upward to Washington State.

On our way back, I am sure we will take a more direct route home across the northern states. I would really like to visit Salt Lake City, Utah on our way back.

My goal is to post our progress as we travel. It would be fun to share anything interesting that may happen while on the road. Hopefully we won't lose any kids and our tires will stay on. :)

I have got a gazillion things to do before we are ready.

Happy Mother's Day!

4 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I love your blog! I however think you need to come back through Salt Lake. Just think you could not see me but you could also see the Snells. I hope you have a safe and fun trip!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hey I forgot to ask, Where are the pictures of your kids and hubby!Are you going to come back through Salt Lake?

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger family member said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger family member said...

Of course we will be stopping thru Salt Lake. We wouldn't miss seeing your family and the Snell's!

Love, Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home